"She sells seashells down by the seashore" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City by Rhondaj
Ocean City Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 308 photos
Instead of having a whole bunch of separate shore pages, I'm going to combine them all on one. Since most of my stuff is about Ocean City, I picked this page to plunk it all down on. Cape May will be the other predominantly featured shore.
I am lucky to live in a town that has roads of all kinds (interstates, highways, backroads) that lead to some great places. (especially since my own town has little to offer...) Here is an interesting tidbit about it though: Pennsville is the most westerly situated town in NJ. Anyway, jumping onto RT. 40 will take you all the way across the state till you can't go anymore, and there you will be in Atlantic City Don't go to Atlantic City for anything more than gambling, shows, or strolling the boardwalk. That's it. AC is full of crime of various seediness and every time I go there I have a close call of one nature or another.
So we cut off of Rt. 40 onto Rt. 559 and go down to the next big shore place, Ocean City.
The lighthouse is located 2 miles south of Cape May in Cape May Point State Park. Hours of operation vary throughout the year. The tower is open every day, April through Nov., and on weekends most of the rest of the year. This lighthouse is still operated by the Coast Guard. In case you are wondering how many steps there are to get this wonderful view? 218
Sea Isle is a nice beach for families with young children. Small and family oriented, you won't feel overwhelmed here. Beach tags are required. There isn't a boardwalk, but a 'promenade' that goes along the beach for a few blocks. There is an elaborate playground on 60th Street and Central Ave. And there is a small amusement ride area.
- Pros:the shoreline and ocean will heal your soul
- Cons:can be very crowded, especially holiday weekends
- In a nutshell:we say "going to the shore", not "the beach" (until we are there!)
Every year I take my class beachcombing at this beach. We usually have it all to ourselves! To get here, take Central... more travel advice
South of Ocean City, down the Garden State Pkwy. or Rt. 9,into Cape May and onto Sunset Blvd. lies this state park. Many... more travel advice
- See All Hitting the Beach
- A Long Line of Shore Goers
- Renting a surrey
- See All The Breakfast Club
- See All Bed and Breakfast
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Ocean City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "She sells seashells down by the seashore"
- "Ocean City, Home Sweet Home"
- "Ocean City"
- "A dry town with a great deal of water"
- "..:; Hello Ocean ;:.."
- "TheBigMan's new Ocean City Page"
- "Ocean City, my favorite NJ shore town!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ocean City
- Hotels in Ocean City
- Transportation in Ocean City
- Nightlife in Ocean City
- Restaurants in Ocean City
- Shopping in Ocean City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ocean City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ocean City
- 28 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ocean City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocean City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Who's next"
- Commented on one of SURFIN7TH's Ocean City travel pages
- updated a Ocean City Travel Page "She sells seashells down by the seashore"
- Wrote a Review Corson's Inlet State Park in Ocean City Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Corson's Inlet State Park"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (26)
Latest Ocean City hotel reviews
- Ocean 7
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Crossings Motor Inn
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Tahiti Inn
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Impala Island Inn
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Blue Water Inn
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 30, 2013
- Harris House Motel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Biscayne Suites
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- The Homestead Hotel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Watson's Regency Suites
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Wild Dunes Inn
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- Sun Beach Motel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Port-O-Call Hotel
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- The Koo-Koo's Nest Bed and Breakfast
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 11, 2009
- Flanders Hotel
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013