"Wilmington Rebounds" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington by Rhondaj

Wilmington Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 176 photos

Wilmington is a small city. It will never grow bigger as it is surrounded by water- Rivers, marshes, and creeks. Check your credit card mailing address. Perhaps you send your bills to Wilmington? It seems that all the skyscapers have banking names. And DuPont is everywhere...

We used to do all our shopping in Wilmington when I was a small girl. Then the city seemed to fall into disrepair. The suburbs sprouted fancy new malls giving us even more reason to shop elsewhere. Recently, Wilmington has been giving herself a facelift. The biggest draw being the Riverfront. The Riverfront is a growing complex of outlet shops, restaurants, pubs, clubs, and beautiful walkways along the river to connect them all.

• Intro Updated Feb 17, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM

There is so much history around here. I was researching Brandywine and Nemours and looked for thing around there. Thank you for the tips.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2008 at 4:51 AM

Great tips -- especially the food and beer ones! Next time in Wilmington, I will try to find The Dog House. Best regards from Central NJ, Bill

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Damn! I forgot to set my DVD recorder. Its a Three Stooges marathon on Spike TV today...Glad that I did not though because they were colourized..

• travelmad478's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 3:25 AM

Thanks for this page, Rhonda! I have lived in Wilmo for 8 years but have never gotten motivated to write any tips about the place! Too focused on my travels...

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Great Wilmington tips, Rhonda. I'm always looking for new restaurants to try when I go to the outlets.

• kooka3's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Great page! Thanks for sharing!

• mallehc's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 9:34 PM

Nice page with several tips...it gave me idea abt the place I am going to reside soon...Great job!

• smyturn's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2004 at 9:23 AM

Love the running commentary. Interesting pages. Did you know Kahunaville has a website http://www.kahunaville.com/index2.htm

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 9:40 PM

Nice page on Wilmington! :o)

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 5:56 PM

several nice and unique tps. Thank you for not overlooking it like so many others have.

Rhondaj

“live well, laugh often, love much”

Badges & Stats in Wilmington

Have you been to Wilmington?

Latest Activity in Wilmington