"Kandersteg's Gem" Oeschinensee by Rhondaj
Oeschinensee Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 48 photos
You can hike up from Kandersteg to the lake on well-marked paths or go the fun way-the chairlift. We chose the chairlift! It cost us about 15 CHF roundtrip. (Using our Kandersteg Guest Card and Swiss Rail Passes for a reduction.) Our daughter's child fare was less. This scenic ride takes about 10 beautiful minutes. (hint: sit on the right side of the two seater chair for the best picture taking seat.) The chair actually goes up the mountain sideways. Once you are at the top it is about a 20 min. walk to the lake. Most of it on even grade.
For us, the lake is a beautiful sight.
For the fishermen, a source of income or perhaps their own dinner.
For the cows, a source of drinking and bathing water.
A horse and carriage made the trip back and forth, from the chairlift to the restaurant/hotel by the lake. Never saw... more travel advice
We all thought the ride would be a one minute wonder. We were pleasantly surprised by the length of this track. The... more travel advice
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Oeschinensee Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Oeschinensee
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Oeschinensee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oeschinensee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue