"Our homebase on the Rhein" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar by Rhondaj
Sankt Goar Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 454 photos
As part of our two week holiday in Germany, we stayed in St. Goar for one week. We rented an apartment, not in the center of town, but a 5 min. uphill footwalk from the center, on the road (Schlossberg) leading to Burg Rheinfels. The view of the Rhein was spectacular, the town was quaint, and yes, a little touristy, but one street this way or that way off the main pedestrian avenues, and all was quiet and tranquil. From St. Goar it was very easy to take the trains, which follow the Rhein, to visit all the nearby towns and cites. My travelogue albums I use as a journal. There you can see the towns and places we were able to visit during our stay.
- Pros:great place to stay on the Rhein; everyone is so very friendly!
- Cons:it gets quiet early in the nights, so if you like a busy nightlife...
The ferry that operates between St. Goarshausen and St. Goar is the oldest family run ferry in Germany. Six generations... more travel advice
If you need to use a computer, Hotel Montag has internet access. It is located right at the beginning of Heerstrasse,... more travel advice
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Sankt Goar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St.Goar - the home of the Loreley / Lorelei"
- "Our homebase on the Rhein"
- "On the road again"
- "weekend in St. Goar"
- "Twin Town"
- "Sankt Goar"
- "Sankt Goar - Rhine river, castles, wineyards!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Goar
- Hotels in Sankt Goar
- Transportation in Sankt Goar
- Nightlife in Sankt Goar
- Restaurants in Sankt Goar
- Shopping in Sankt Goar
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Goar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Goar
- 29 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Sankt Goar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Goar
Photos in Sankt GoarSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue