"Our homebase on the Rhein" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar by Rhondaj

Sankt Goar Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 428 photos

A Great Place to Stay on the Rhine

As part of our two week holiday in Germany, we stayed in St. Goar for one week. We rented an apartment, not in the center of town, but a 5 min. uphill footwalk from the center, on the road (Schlossberg) leading to Burg Rheinfels. The view of the Rhein was spectacular, the town was quaint, and yes, a little touristy, but one street this way or that way off the main pedestrian avenues, and all was quiet and tranquil. From St. Goar it was very easy to take the trains, which follow the Rhein, to visit all the nearby towns and cites. My travelogue albums I use as a journal. There you can see the towns and places we were able to visit during our stay.

• Pros:great place to stay on the Rhein; everyone is so very friendly!
  • Cons:it gets quiet early in the nights, so if you like a busy nightlife...
  • Last visit to Sankt Goar: Jul 2007
  • Intro Written Mar 21, 2008

• May 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

My wife and I discovered this place on our 20th Anniversary, and we have brought my students here in 2009, 2010 and will agian in 2011. Herr Omercevic is absolutely funny. Great food at a great price. Good ice cream, too.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Good idea to rent an apartment in St. Goar and use that as a base for exploring. I went to just about all the Rhine castles with my children when they were growing up. Now I still go through by train from time to time and always enjoy the scenery.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I should have read your page before we went yesterday... then I would have picked your Hotel Hauser as restaurant and said hello to your waiter :-) But St. Goar is nice enough to plan some more days :-) Thanks Rhonda :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 4:14 AM

What a pretty area you chose to stay in. Gorgeous photos and great information on what you saw. Would love to visit one day.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2008 at 4:52 AM

Rhonda, fabulous little page about a region in Germany which I still would like to explore. Well done. :-)

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2008 at 6:30 AM

Looks like a pretty thorough immersion into the Rhineland to me :))

Rhondaj

“live well, laugh often, love much”

Badges & Stats in Sankt Goar

Have you been to Sankt Goar?

Latest Activity in Sankt Goar