"CAMDEN is COOL" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London by Rhondaj

Greater London Travel Guide: 25,364 reviews and 55,364 photos

The Earl of Camden's family owned the Camden Estate in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. I wonder what they would think if they saw the town named after them as it is today?

Today Camden Town is full of markets, shops, restaurants, and clubs, many of which sport colorful, and decorative facades and displays.

Come here to buy your gothic clothing, unusual knick-knacks, and illegal toys. (kids toys!)

My daughter bought one of those gooshy-sticky yo-yo toys, that we later read in the paper were illegal. The danger being that they can wrap around your neck and strangle you!

• Last visit to Greater London: Apr 2003
  • Intro Written May 4, 2003

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Hi Rhonda, Camden is my fav place to visit in London. wishing you happy travels for 2010. Thanks for lovely tips & photo's ;-)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 10:54 AM

Camden sound like fun! Nice page with good tips. Joyce

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 4:07 PM

Great tips on Camden town & Little Venice-makes me want to crank up the boat! Doug d(^_^)b

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 1:25 AM

I was in London last July but didn't have time to take a canal boat.Maybe next time. Thanks for the info.

• rickyvilla81's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 4:57 PM

Camden Town, I go out there a lot, but the canal is the best. Nice stuff!

• Sep 5, 2004 at 3:18 AM

Very few people actually seem to get down by the canals- keeps'em quiet for you and me! More good pages, Jem

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 6:53 PM

Quite enjoyable reading and viewing. Camden is, indeed, unique and your text and photos capture it well.

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2004 at 7:07 AM

Not in the top 5 no....but my Phoneix pages will rise from the VT ashes one day :o)

• roz.van's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2004 at 3:47 AM

good ol' camden :-) I like the way you describe it and the photos. far too busy for me now after 8 years in the country...I'd get swept away! lol

Rhondaj

“live well, laugh often, love much”

Badges & Stats in Greater London

Have you been to Greater London?

Latest Activity in Greater London