"The White Horse Temple in Henan Province" Baimasi by Confucius
Baimasi Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 6 photos
Here it is! The White Horse! (Sorry ladies, no prince included)
What a handsome equine specimen. Did you know that the White Horse Temple is one of the oldest temples in all of China?
So what are those four Chinese characters engraved on the post?
Could it possibly be inspirational verse from an ancient Tang dynasty poem?
It says "qi ma fa kuan" which means "Ride the horse and you'll be fined" Wow! Really? Good thing international tourists can't read Chinese, as there is no English translation warning foreign devils not to straddle the marble pony.
After all, you didn't come all the way to White Horse Temple in China to actually try riding a statue of a horse,.... did you?
The area around Luoyang is famous throughout China for the production of three color glazed ceramics which were made popular during the Tang dynasty.
The most popular reproduction is the horse and I spotted this herd of rejected horses near a factory by the White Horse Temple (Bai Ma Si) 13 km east of Luoyang.
Confucius' Related Pages
Baimasi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The White Horse Temple in Henan Province"
- "A must see...the first Buddhist temple in China"
- "White Horse Temple"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baimasi
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Baimasi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baimasi
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues