Beijing Transportation Tips by Confucius
Beijing Transportation: 459 reviews and 444 photos
Two wheeled bicycles are also available for rent
If you're staying at one of the cheap budget accomodations in Beijing then they may have bicycles available for rent around 15 RMB per day with a deposit. Riding around Beijing is easy as there are sufficient bicycle lanes for you to use and the downtown area is mostly flat terrain. Bike riding is a great way to get off the main roads and head for the hutongs between Beihai Park and the Drum Tower.
Be sure to lock your bicycle as bike theft is still a big problem in Beijing. There are some bicycle parking lots on the side of the street that have an attendant who will watch your bike for a small token fee.
The Beijing subway is cheap and rarely overcrowded
You can ride the subway anywhere in Beijing for the same cheap price regardless of distance travelled. The subway stations are clean and have English signs directing tourists to the exits near places that you are likely trying to find.
With that in mind, here is a list of the top 5 subway stops with tourist attractions that are best reached by simply riding the subway:
1. Tiananmen Square (2 stops, west and east)
2. Yonghegong: Lama and Confucius Temples
3. Gulou: (Drum Tower) Hutong Tours
4. Junshibowuguan: (Military Museum)
5. Jianguomen: Ancient Observatory
WARNING: On October 1 you might be surprised to discover that the subway stations at Tiananmen Square and Qianmen are closed.
More Reviews (34)
- See All HoJo Hotel in Chinese is "Bao Chen Fan...
- See All Badaling: Not the #1 place to see the...
- See All "Ding Dong Boom Boom": The Bell and...
- Under The Beaten Path: Beijing...
- See All Forbidden City Starbucks Now Forever...
Confucius' Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Explore the World
- Atyrau Hotels
- Malmberget Hotels
- Schumannsville Hotels
- Bad Swat
- Voorhout Hotels
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 36 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 252 Forum posts
- 129 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (56)
Latest Beijing hotel reviews
- Beijing Zhengxie Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2011
- Chinese Red Cross Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 21, 2011
- Hollyear Hotel Beijing
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Ascott Beijing
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Beijing North Garden Hotel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Fortune Land International Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2012
- Mao Er Hutong B&B
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Super 8 Hotel Beijing Guo Mao
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2012
- Meihua Century International Apartment
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Tsinghua Unisplendour International Center, Beijing
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2012
- Jianguo Hotel Qianmen Beijing
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Forbidden City- 383 Reviews, 764 Photos
- Great Wall - Mutianyu- 74 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 279 Reviews, 478 Photos
- Great Wall- 141 Reviews, 212 Photos
- Summer Palace- 146 Reviews, 266 Photos
- Hutongs - Bell and Drum Towers- 93 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 163 Reviews, 324 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 43 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 60 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Great Wall - Badaling- 81 Reviews, 195 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do