"Yamen Fort, Guangdong province, China" Doumen by Confucius
Doumen Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
The Yamen Fort is accessible south from Xinhui or west from Zhuhai via Doumen.
This old fort sees few new visitors so you can really feel like you are stepping back in time as you walk inside the fort.
This fort was used during the Qing dynasty which witnessed the Opium War further north at Humen Fort.
The fort was built in 1809 during the Qing dynasty. Most of the current cannons in place are replicas but you can still... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Doumen Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doumen
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Doumen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doumen
Photos in DoumenSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues