"Qinghai Lake, as seen from the train to Tibet" Qinghai Hu by Confucius
Qinghai Hu Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
I took a photo from the train's window as soon as I saw the east corner of Qinghai Lake, and then later also took a photo of the west corner.
It really is a big lake, and the train does take you fairly close to shore in a couple of spots. You can barely see Bird Island on the horizon, so bring a pair of binoculars.
You can open the window on the train from Xining to Golmud. This allows you to get decent photos without the annoying glare. It's a pity our train passed Qinghai Lake during the late afternoon, but at least it didn't get dark until we reached Delingha.
- Pros:Look! I'm the first member to create a Qinghai Lake page on VT!
- Cons:Unfortunately I don't have any tips as the train didn't stop here!
- In a nutshell:You can see Qinghai Lake from the railway, but the train doesn't stop here.
Confucius' Related Pages
Qinghai Hu Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qinghai Hu
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Qinghai Hu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qinghai Hu
Photos in Qinghai HuSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues