"One of my favorite cities in Fujian: Quanzhou" Top 5 Page for this destination Quanzhou by Confucius
Quanzhou Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 112 photos
Most tourists think of Xiamen if they think of visiting Fujian province at all.
That leaves Quanzhou as one of the forgotten cities of China touring and I would just as soon leave it that way so that we can enjoy everything that it has to offer all to ourselves.
If you get there when the gate opens then you can observe the old folks doing their thing with graceful (and some not so graceful) moves.
The Mandarin Chinese word for number "one" sounds exactly like the pronunciation for the letter "E"
and the Mandarin word for "two" sounds just like the letter "R"
So if you can remember "E" and "R" then you can already count to 2 in Mandarin Chinese. (OK, OK, here you go; the word for "three" is pronounced "sawn") Don't ask me how to say "four" !!!
- Pros:Cosmopolitan history, traditional Chinese culture, and all the modern conveniences
- Cons:It's still Fujian and that makes it difficult to include in most standard China tour itineraries
- In a nutshell:Quanzhou should be your number one destination in Fujian (if you go to Fujian)
About 3 kilometers north of Quanzhou is Qingyuan Mountain. Here you'll see an ancient statue of my fellow philandering... more travel advice
This celestial guardian of the Kaiyuan Temple pagoda looks like he is not happy that you have chosen to bypass the extra... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Quanzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite cities in Fujian: Quanzhou"
- "A tour of Quanzhou"
- "QUANZHOU: old harbour of the maritime silk road"
- "Quanzhou - polyresin homeland"
- "Anxi County"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quanzhou
- Hotels in Quanzhou
- Transportation in Quanzhou
- Restaurants in Quanzhou
- Shopping in Quanzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quanzhou
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Quanzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quanzhou
Photos in QuanzhouSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues