"One of my favorite cities in Fujian: Quanzhou" Top 5 Page for this destination Quanzhou by Confucius

Quanzhou Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 112 photos

What about Quanzhou?

Most tourists think of Xiamen if they think of visiting Fujian province at all.
That leaves Quanzhou as one of the forgotten cities of China touring and I would just as soon leave it that way so that we can enjoy everything that it has to offer all to ourselves.

Good morning Quanzhou!

If you get there when the gate opens then you can observe the old folks doing their thing with graceful (and some not so graceful) moves.

More morning exercises at Kaiyuan Temple

The Mandarin Chinese word for number "one" sounds exactly like the pronunciation for the letter "E"
and the Mandarin word for "two" sounds just like the letter "R"
So if you can remember "E" and "R" then you can already count to 2 in Mandarin Chinese. (OK, OK, here you go; the word for "three" is pronounced "sawn") Don't ask me how to say "four" !!!

• Pros:Cosmopolitan history, traditional Chinese culture, and all the modern conveniences
  • Cons:It's still Fujian and that makes it difficult to include in most standard China tour itineraries
  • In a nutshell:Quanzhou should be your number one destination in Fujian (if you go to Fujian)
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2004

• joecooper's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Hi Confucius! For a second there I though someone had beaten me to the first Quanzhou, Guangxi page! You should try and make it down to the South West it is incredible!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 2:35 PM

So you're a philanderer now are you ;-)

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 7:59 AM

Interesting place! Good fotos!! I would love to see this city one day...

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2004 at 1:20 PM

Still have no idea how to put it on, so sorry about that! Great page you have. I would love to visit China oneday-))

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2004 at 11:47 PM

Not only that I learned a lot about Quanzhou, but I learned my first words in Mandarin as well! Thanks (Hvala).

• fouads's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 9:54 PM

Great pic , i like this page so much .

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 3:21 PM

Laozi sounds like an interesting sort of guy...............

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2003 at 10:14 PM

Lao Zi and I go BACK some. Very Cool!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 10:43 PM

About those trees. I often wonder why we would pave so close to the trunk? Fantastic page, wonderful photos and helpful tips, thank you.

• WFTR's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2003 at 1:57 AM

Another good page!

Confucius

“Yes, I am indeed the same Confucius from Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Northeast Asia branch!”

Badges & Stats in Quanzhou

Have you been to Quanzhou?