"Shanhaiguan, where Great Wall meets Yellow Sea" Shanhaiguan by Confucius
Shanhaiguan Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos
Shanhaiguan's claim to fame is being the place where the Great Wall meets the Yellow Sea. It's an easy excursion from Beijing for those who want to see the Wall in a more romantic setting.
The town of Shanhaiguan itslef is an uninteresting tourist trap but it is possible to stay at one of the two resorts that are actually located next to "Lao Longtou" ("the ancient faucet")
Looking south you can see the Yellow Sea shoreline as well as a very fancy structure designed to give tourists a look north toward the Wall or east at the sunrise.
Confucius' Related Pages
Shanhaiguan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The End of the Wall"
- "Where the Wall meets the sea"
- "Shanhaiguan, where Great Wall meets Yellow Sea"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shanhaiguan
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Shanhaiguan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanhaiguan
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues