"Shao Lin Temple" Shaolinsi by Confucius
Shaolinsi Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 12 photos
The impressive sight of nearly 1000 kung fu kids kicking can inspire you to stay and take lessons in the Chinese martial arts.
The "Luo Han Gong" branch of kung fu was originally taught here by Master Hai Deng and is still part of the training for China's military amphibious reconnaissance units. You might see a demonstration of this by watching one fellow hit another's chest with a wooden stool in a manner similar to American pro wrestling.
Mao Zedong had a special airplane to bring him to Shao Lin Temple for important meetings with the master monks.
If your kung fu skills are not up to par then shoot 'em dead with an assortment of machine guns, rifles,and handguns.
Confucius' Related Pages
Shaolinsi Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shaolinsi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Shaolinsi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shaolinsi
Photos in ShaolinsiSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues