"Where to spend your last night visiting Huangshan" Tunxi by Confucius
Tunxi Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 29 photos
Tunxi has one of the best antique markets I've seen in China. There are some real good bargains to be found here. If you know your stuff you can even find valuable cultural relics that shouldn't even be for sale. (Some naive shopkeepers don't realize the true value of their wares; some real "steals" are available here for less than 200 RMB!)
Otherwise there's still fun to be had looking at the old musical instruments and browsing the other curios and handicrafts.
If your plane arrives in the afternoon then you should spend your first night in Tunxi. Browse the antique shops on "Old Street" and tell the merchants to hold any items for you that are too big to carry on the mountain. That's why I suggest staying here during your last night so that you don't climb Huangshan carrying a vase or something.
The night before you climb the mountain you should browse "Old Street" and also double check your Huangshan packing list. This is where you want to purchase bottled water and snacks for the mountain.
After doing Huangshan you'll want to spend another night here to explore the antique market and find those bargain cultural relics.
- Pros:One of China's best antique markets. Don't miss this opportunity or you will regret when you don't see it elsewhere in China
- Cons:If you're not an expert then don't spend more than 100 RMB on anything
- In a nutshell:Tunxi is a great bonus destination for tourists visiting Huangshan
Confucius' Related Pages
Tunxi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to spend your last night visiting Huangshan"
- "Sharrie's Tunxi Old Street"
- "Tunxi - Gateway to Huangshan"
- "Tom1971's new TunXi page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunxi
- Hotels in Tunxi
- Transportation in Tunxi
- Restaurants in Tunxi
- Shopping in Tunxi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunxi
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Tunxi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunxi
- Posted in Travel Beijing Shi Forum "Dazhalan Market and Silk Market"
- Commented on one of Sharrie's Tunxi travel pages
- Wrote a Review Confucius' 5 star tip for buying antiques in China in Tunxi Shopping
- updated a Tunxi Travel Page "Where to spend your last night visiting Huangshan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Where to spend your last night visiting Huangshan"
Photos in TunxiSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues