"Zhaoqing: Guangdong's Miniature Guilin" Zhaoqing by Confucius
Zhaoqing Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 164 photos
Think of Zhaoqing as the Poor Tourist's Yangshuo. For those who are looking for a cheap weekend in China out of Hong Kong this is the best choice if you don't want to pay for the flight to Guilin.
You get a representative sample of the limestone topography and caves which has captivated tourists who visit Yangshuo while paying a fraction of the cost for transportation by not going all the way to Guangxi province.
Zhaoqing is located 110 km west of Guangzhou. See my transportation tip for details on how to get there from Hong Kong.
I'm not sure what's she's holding but this statue of Guan Yin is a mesmerizing manmade addition to the beautiful natural scenery behind her.
More and more tourist destinations in China are adding long swinging bridges to the sightseeing landscape, often requiring a nominal extra fee. It is a great way to meet fellow travellers as they beg you not to try so hard making it swing so much and inevitably ask you to hold their camera and take the obligatory photo of them braving yet another exciting thrill.
- Pros:Easily accessible Yangshuo type scenery closer to Hong Kong
- Cons:You probably won't enjoy it as much if you're coming from Guilin
- In a nutshell:A poor man's Guilin which is still the number one weekend China trip out of Hong Kong
If you really need a breath of fresh air then this is the best place in Guangdong province to get some. Of course... more travel advice
Further down the riverbank is Chongxi Pagoda. It was originally built in 1582 during the Ming dynasty, has 9 stories and... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Zhaoqing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zhaoqing: Guangdong's Miniature Guilin"
- "A town somewhere"
- "Zhaoqing - Seven Star Crags"
- "Zhaoqing (肇庆)"
- "Zhaoqing - the Lake City"
- "small towns of zhaoqing"
- "Zhaoqing, ancient Duanzhou"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhaoqing
- Hotels in Zhaoqing
- Transportation in Zhaoqing
- Restaurants in Zhaoqing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhaoqing
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Zhaoqing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhaoqing
- Posted in Travel Beijing Shi Forum "Dazhalan Market and Silk Market"
- Commented on one of bhemak's Zhaoqing travel pages
- updated a Zhaoqing Travel Page "Zhaoqing: Guangdong's Miniature Guilin"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Zhaoqing: Guangdong's Miniature Guilin"
- Wrote a Review For that extra day: Dinghu Mountain Nature Reserve in Zhaoqing Off The Beaten Path
Photos in ZhaoqingSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues