"Huangshan: Simply Unbelievable!" Top 5 Page for this destination Huangshan by Confucius
Huangshan Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 330 photos
The beautiful scenery of Huangshan is composed of wind swept pines and unusual rocks as well as seas of clouds and tourist locks. The mountains just seem to blend in with these peripheral pleasures; inspiring art, poetry, and romance.
Wherever one encounters spectacular scenery in China that involves large stones, there always seems to be calligraphy graffiti left by famous artists and noble officials.
Often it's just a short poetic phrase capturing the moment's first impression. Sometimes it also can be of religious significance or perhaps the calligrapher just thinks the Chinese character for "Buddhism" looks good tattooed on the side of a huge rock.
It has become a Chinese tradition to leave an engraved lock at the most romantic tourist destinations in China. This is good business for local lock sales since almost everybody does not buy one until after they get to the end of the trail.
Most people usually dispose of the key ceremoniously but I witnessed one lady slip it into her purse while her man happened to be looking at other women.
- Pros:Beautiful mountains, strange rocks, elegant pines
- Cons:The weather is simply unpredictable (Blue sky photos always look better on VT)
- In a nutshell:Art inspiring scenery that will make you stop and wonder why you didn't buy a digital camera in Hong Kong
A backpack is best. You'll want both hands free as you ascend the mountain. Even during summer it can get chilly on top... more travel advice
Buy a lock if you want to impress your sweetheart with this tacky reminder of your Huangshan romance. You can get... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Huangshan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huang Shan Mountain National Park"
- "Huangshan - Yellow Mountain"
- "Huangshan: Simply Unbelievable!"
- "Huangshan, Anhui Province"
- "Huangshan - The Mountain of Dreams & Poetry"
- "Up on the mountains"
- "No Mountain Else Worth To Climb Than Huangshan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huangshan
- Hotels in Huangshan
- Transportation in Huangshan
- Restaurants in Huangshan
- Shopping in Huangshan
- Warnings and Dangers in Huangshan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huangshan
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Huangshan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huangshan
- Commented on one of maysue's Huangshan travel pages
- Posted in Travel Beijing Shi Forum "Dazhalan Market and Silk Market"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buy a lock for your sweetheart"
- updated a Huangshan Travel Page "Huangshan: Simply Unbelievable!"
- Wrote a Review Pack light; take only the essentials listed below in Huangshan What to Pack
Photos in HuangshanSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues