"PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME" Canton by Confucius
Canton Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 55 photos
My first glimpse of the Hall off of Highway 77 was so exciting and wonderful. As you stroll from the parking lot to the main entrance you pass a Ohio state historical marker informing you that Canton is "The Cradle of Professional Football"
The first thing you see upon entering the Hall is a life sized statue of legendary Jim Thorpe in action surrounded by a spiral staircase which takes you up into the history of America's greatest sport.
Names like Bronko Nagurski, Red Grange, Y.A. Tittle, Johnny Unitas, and Vince Lombardi are brought to life through interactive exhibits as well as interesting displays of memorabilia. Every star who ever strapped on a helmet and even the ones who didn't wear helmets are featured in the Hall as they each contribute to the history of the National Football League.
In my photo you can see jerseys of stars from the San Diego Chargers and Cleveland Browns, including Otto Graham's #14.
Some of pro football's most famous fans from stadiums around the league are featured in one corner of the Hall reserved for people who are identified by their team loyalty.
One must believe that Mile High Stadium's Barrel Man was hung from the rafters in order to allow skeptical fans an opportunity once and for all to sneak a look inside his Bronco Barrel.
- Pros:This is where you always dreamed of going, as a player or fan.
- Cons:There's nothing else to do in Canton, but that's why the Hall is here.
- In a nutshell:At least once in your lifetime, you must check off the pilgrimage to Canton just to see the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Confucius' Related Pages
Canton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canton Ohio - A Hall of Fame City"
- "Where Footballl Comes Alive!"
- "Canton, OH"
- "Where I Usually Dine"
- "PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME"
- "Canton's Home"
- "Canton, OH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canton
- Hotels in Canton
- Transportation in Canton
- Nightlife in Canton
- Restaurants in Canton
- Shopping in Canton
- Warnings and Dangers in Canton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canton
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Canton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canton
Photos in CantonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues