"The Covered Bridges of Putnam County, Indiana" Bainbridge by Confucius
Bainbridge Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Would you like to take a drive through the Indiana countryside and see a couple of old fashioned covered bridges? Bainbridge is one of the best destinations out of Indianapolis for bridge enthusiasts.
Follow Highway 36 west until you reach Bainbridge and then turn right (north) on 200 E road and left (east) on 800 N. This route will bring you to Rolling Stone Bridge. (If you proceed east on 800 E after this bridge then you'll be driving on a gravel dirt road.)
After you return to Bainbridge then you'll turn right off of Highway 36 onto 300 E road and go through Baker's Camp Bridge on your way back to Indianapolis past Heritage Antique Mall.
More details about the two bridges are in my tips below.
- Pros:Nine old fashioned covered bridges waiting for you!
- Cons:You've seen one, you've seen them all!
- In a nutshell:Bainbridge is a very good choice for bridge enthusiasts
This lovely bridge is located southwest of Bainbridge off Highway 36 on 300 E road. It was built in 1901 and, at 128... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Bainbridge Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bainbridge
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Bainbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bainbridge
Photos in BainbridgeSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues