"Thunderbird" Glendale by Confucius
Glendale Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 153 photos
The campus was formerly an Air Force base that was used for training Chinese pilots during World War II. After the war it was converted into a unique school with a focus on global trade. Over a third of the student population is from around the world and Thunderbird alumni meet at traditional First Tuesday gatherings in many large US and international cities.
- Pros:Soon to be the site of a new NFL football stadium for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cons:Calling the other Phoenix suburb Tempe by telephone is charged as long distance by the local telephone company
- In a nutshell:Glendale: More Than Just Decorative Orange Trees and Strip Malls!
Confucius' Related Pages
Glendale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glendale, SUPERBOWL 2008"
- "Antique Hotspot!"
- "Glendale is MEGA Shopping, MEGA Stadium"
- "Glendale Arizona home of Superbowl 2008"
- "Jumping in Glendale, AZ!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glendale
- Hotels in Glendale
- Transportation in Glendale
- Nightlife in Glendale
- Restaurants in Glendale
- Shopping in Glendale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glendale
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Glendale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glendale
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues