"Kowloon Side, Day and Night" Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon by Confucius

Kowloon Travel Guide: 303 reviews and 858 photos

Wow! Look at all those Chinese signs!

Every first time visitor to Hong Kong from abroad wants to find that typical street with the large concentration of Chinese character signs in order to take this kind of photo.
There are plenty of those streets in Kowloon and Confucius is confident you can do better than the one I chose for this page.

Chinese pastries and congee

A typical cheap Kowloon breakfast consists of rice porridge (congee) and one of those elongated crullers known as "you tiao" in Mandarin Chinese.
Some people like to submerge the cruller into the bowl of congee.

One of the best views at night in Kowloon

The Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade extends from the Star Ferry Terminal all the way along the harbor to the Tsim Sha Tsui East hotels.
During Christmas and Chinese New Year, the view of Hong Kong Island is enhanced by the colorful lights decorating the tall buildings.

• Pros:Staying on Kowloon side is convenient if you are continuing to China by ferry
  • Cons:If you stay on Hong Kong Island it's hard to go back after 01:00 because the subway closes about an hour after midnight
  • In a nutshell:Kowloon is a good place to stay during your first visit to Hong Kong, next time choose Hong Kong Island.
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2004

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM

How come ive never thought of getting a dim sum tshirt when ordering my fav lunch out(&dinner and breakfast for that matter if lucky enough to find a place with 12 hour dim sum)pointing at myself would be so much easier??

• makiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 6:16 PM

I wish I knew about the Dim Sum shirt when i visited the Ladies Market last year. I love stuff like that. I'll look for it next time. Thanks, Rob

• May 25, 2006 at 5:18 AM

Hi Mr Perfect Thanks for visiting my HK page... we lived in Kowloon but I don't remember many of these places! :))

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 2:15 AM

I have a craving for some Dim Sum now.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 12:59 AM

we dip ours in white coffee, not in congee. : )

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:44 AM

Never been in Bottom's Up yourself?

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 1:53 AM

Love the dim sum t-shirt summary!I too bought three for $100 at Ladies Market, but no dim sum to be found anywhere! I just got the regular ones but I find everything in HK expensive compared to China! Im being spoiled up here!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2004 at 2:31 AM

Nei xiong kong gong dong wa? Fong ma go lei ;-)

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2003 at 4:59 AM

A vast multitude of astounding taste sensations on this trip... but I still don't get what could be the appeal of congee... Have you bought your moon cakes yet...??

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2003 at 5:02 AM

Fascinating place. We did a whirlwind tour some years back. Thanks for helping me to remember.

Confucius

“Yes, I am indeed the same Confucius from Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Northeast Asia branch!”

Badges & Stats in Kowloon

Have you been to Kowloon?