"Lantau Island's Big Buddha" Ngong Ping by Confucius
Ngong Ping Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 50 photos
The Big Buddha on Lantau Island welcomes you. (Just don't stand there!)
There is a direct bus to Po Lin Monastery from Tung Chung bus
station. Tung Chung is a town near the airport on Lantau Island and is the last stop on the MTR train line. You can get a shuttle bus from the airport (about HK$5) which will take you directly to the Tung Chung bus station if you're looking to do something during an extended layover in Hong Kong.
Somehow Chinese people believe that throwing coins at the statues will make them move or something.
Confucius' Related Pages
Ngong Ping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The far left of Hong Kong"
- "Taking It Slow n Easy"
- "A New Attraction In Hong Kong"
- "Ngong Ping, Lantau Island"
- "NgongPing 360"
- "Lantau Island's Big Buddha"
- "Lantau Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ngong Ping
- Transportation in Ngong Ping
- Restaurants in Ngong Ping
- Warnings and Dangers in Ngong Ping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ngong Ping
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ngong Ping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ngong Ping
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues