"Tennis, Foot Massage Trails and Pick Up Basketball" Victoria Park by Confucius
Victoria Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
When I lived in Hong Kong my home was right across the street from Victoria Park in the neighborhood of Tin Hau. I used to go here to play pick-up games of basketball, teach tennis, and sneak into the big tournaments when the top players were in town.
In my photo you can see the last governor of Hong Kong, Chris Patten, greeting tournament champion Mary Pierce while Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario wonders what to do with another second place piece of crystal.
Recently the entire park was renovated and foot massage paths were also installed. Take off your shoes and walk across the polished upright pebbles!
When Hong Kong people are not exercising their bodies in Victoria Park, they exercise their right of free speech. Whether it is commemorating the June 4, 1989 anniversary with thousands of candles or seeing how many football pitches they can fill up to demand direct elections, large crowds of orderly activists will assemble in Victoria Park and their collective voices are heard far away in Beijing.
If you happen to be in Hong Kong on June 4 or July 1, then feel free to join in on the comraderie and be included in the total police count estimate.
- Pros:Vast improvements with the recent park renovations
- Cons:Hoops didn't have nets before, but now they do! Thanks Hong Kong!
- In a nutshell:Still a great place to exercise and burn those dim sum calories
Here is Michael Chang returning serve against Pete Sampras at Hong Kong's Victoria Park. There are thirteen other... more travel advice
Confucius' Related Pages
Victoria Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tennis, Foot Massage Trails and Pick Up Basketball"
- "goes with times"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria Park
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Victoria Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria Park
- Posted in Travel Beijing Shi Forum "Dazhalan Market and Silk Market"
- Commented on one of easyoar's Victoria Park travel pages
- updated a Victoria Park Travel Page "Tennis, Foot Massage Trails and Pick Up Basketball"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tennis, Foot Massage Trails and Pick Up Basketball"
- Wrote a Review Championship Tennis at Victoria Park in Victoria Park Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Victoria ParkSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Lhasa Intro, 16 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 11 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ely Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues