"Aviemore in January." Aviemore by linnyloo
Aviemore Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 79 photos
We arrived in freezing cold Aviemore on Sunday 6th of January. The first decent snows of the season had arrived on Friday, so we were treated to a winter wonderland! We arrived after dark, and when we drove throught the village to get to our chosen accomodation at Dalfaber Resort, we were enthralled with the lit up village in the dark, all lights twinkling on crisp snow.
We loved Aviemore!
We found everything we needed along the main street, Tescos, internet cafe, ski hire and clothing as well as some interesting restaurants.
We went to a hay field for ski lessons and sledging at the base of the Cairngorm mountain - which saved us from buying ski passes! It was large and perfect for kids and total novices.
linnyloo's Related Pages
Aviemore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairngorms National Park - Outdoor Sports"
- "A base to see things from"
- "Something new, different"
- "Wee Aviemore"
- "Popular with skiers and climbers"
- "Aviemore in January."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aviemore
- Hotels in Aviemore
- Transportation in Aviemore
- Restaurants in Aviemore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aviemore
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Aviemore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aviemore
Photos in AviemoreSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Leukerbad Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saalbach Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plettenberg Bay Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Engelberg Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Jervis Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue