"Sydney, NSW, Australia" Sydney by linnyloo

Sydney Travel Guide: 5,798 reviews and 13,510 photos

Our holiday in Sydney was a fantastic experience, we will definitely visit again!
We went to Sydney in April 2002 to visit my brother who has recently moved there, and again for his wedding in 2003.
We rented a superb apartment in Cremorne Point (2002) with the MOST incredible views of the Harbour bridge and Opera House. (above photo says it all...)
Cremorne was a great base to explore Sydney.
The ferry was right across from the apartment and a short 10 minute trip across the harbour to Circular Quay - from where all other attractions are accessible.
There is a fabulous harbourside walk around Cremorne Point (about 4km) which gives one excellent views of the Harbour and a facinating look at some of the spectacular residences, many art deco, around that area.
Please see my travelogue for more images of this walk!

A photo of the harbout at night, taken from the lounge window of the apartment. You can see in the foreground a ferry coming in to drop off passengers at the Cremorne wharf in front of the apartment.

My daughter sitting at the window, watching the ships and boats pass by.....

• Pros:Beautiful, organised, exciting, cosmopolitan.
  • Cons:Expensive!
  • In a nutshell:One of the worlds most beautiful cities for sure!
  • Last visit to Sydney: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2003

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 4:41 AM

Superb main photo Linda & what a gr8 spot to stay. It's just so enjoyable & relaxing communting by ferry. Lived in Manly many years ago & caught the ferry to work & back. How did the ch'n enjoy their stay?

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2004 at 9:13 AM

What a fantastic view from you lounge! Sydney is a beautiful city. I remember those Manly Ferries :). The R & R is my kind of restaurant.

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 8:35 AM

I obviously missed out on a lot in my quick trip to Sydney. Thanks for the great tips and pics for when I return.

• Klapmutsen's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 8:49 AM

my pleasure

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2003 at 11:23 PM

Wonderful page on Sydney. I agree, the ferry trips were fantastic, I loved them. Great resturant for kids, these should be available everywhere. I enjoyed.. thanks.. ;-))

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2003 at 1:23 AM

Like the new pages, great stuff!

• Tolik's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2003 at 5:22 AM

Excellent page!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 3:01 AM

Your opening photo of Sydney Harbour is Fantastic!! It must've tough to leave the room with that view!!!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 3:40 PM

What a fabulous view from where you stayed. That was a really novel restaurant for kids.. great entertainment. I can't think of anything better than getting around by ferry on Sydney harbour. Lovely page.

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2003 at 11:41 PM

Beautiful photos

linnyloo

“Don't sweat the small stuff, life's to short.”

Badges & Stats in Sydney