"Land of Coconuts and Elephants" State of Kerala by yumiyun
State of Kerala Travel Guide: 1,641 reviews and 3,984 photos
Kerala is a true paradise for coconut lovers and palm tree crazed. Flying into both Cochin and Trivandrum airports, the carpet of palm trees spread below the sight.
Coconuts are an important ingredient for many of Kerala dishes. Tender coconuts are refreshing drink in this tropical region. You can find them on sale on the side of streets and highways. Keralites (people of Kerala) apply coconut oil on their hair as well.
Kerala is famous for its natural beauty. In the costal areas, you can find enchanting backwaters. Traveling to the western part of the state, you can enjoy the complete landscape transformation. The region is dominated by rolling hills and tea estates.
The difficulty of visiting many sites in Kerala is that it takes a whole a lot of time to reach from one place to the other, regardless of traveling on bus or train. However, there are frequent buses and trains available for most of the places.
Munnar is famous for its picturesque tea estates. Visit Munnar page for more information about Munnar. more travel advice
Forming part of the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom is growing for backwater destination. Some resorts are built on the edges... more travel advice
Written Nov 21, 2002
Sighting a Murky Vista
Written Mar 9, 2003
In the Forest of Green and Blue
yumiyun's Related Pages
State of Kerala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kerala - Well Worth The Wait!!"
- "God's Own Country"
- "Trivandrum ( Town of holy serpant)"
- "God's Own Country"
- "Land of Coconuts and Elephants"
- "Kerala ~ God's Own Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Kerala
- Hotels in State of Kerala
- Transportation in State of Kerala
- Nightlife in State of Kerala
- Restaurants in State of Kerala
- Shopping in State of Kerala
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Kerala
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Kerala
- 55 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to State of Kerala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Kerala
- Posted in Travel Ayuthaya Forum "Package tour to Ayuthaya"
- Wrote a Review Palakkad in State of Kerala Off The Beaten Path
- updated a State of Kerala Travel Page "Land of Coconuts and Elephants"
- Uploaded a Photo to "In the Forest of Green and Blue"
- Commented on one of Smruti's State of Kerala travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Kerala Intro, 26 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 24 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madurai Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rameswaram Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos
- Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 13 reviews, 2 photos
- Ernakulam Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Dallas Intro, 11 reviews, 3 photos
Top State of Kerala hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Kovalam Hotels
- 152 Reviews - 335 Photos
- Thiruvananthapuram Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 504 Photos
- Kochi Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 974 Photos
- Alappuzha Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 250 Photos
- Calicut Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Trichur Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Irinjalakuda Hotels
- 1 Review
- Cannanore Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Varkkala Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Quilon Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Periyar Sanctuary Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Ernakulam Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 14 Photos