Shenzhen Transportation Tips by bpacker
Shenzhen Transportation: 70 reviews and 99 photos
The Ferry Counter@SZ Airport
If you're short on time and high on cash, then take the most costly transport to HK - the turbo jet ferry@Fuyong Terminal . Taking the ferry means you won't have to:
1)sit beside a maniac for one hour on the bus from the airport to the customs,
2) tear your hair out by lining up at the LuoHu customs
3)share a seat with a fat lady inside the KCR for yet another one hour ride to downtown HK.
The turbo jet ferry can accomodate about 400 people at a time and it won't get caught in traffic. So if you're keen, get your ticket directly outside the departure gates, ride a 5min bus to Fuyong terminal and hop unto to the vessel. You'll be in Kowloon sipping on dahjeerling at the Peninsula before you know it.
Note:The Ferry goes to Macau/Kowloon and HK Airport. Get your tix from the counter outside of the departure gates.
SZ->HK (Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal, Sheung Wan)HK$185
SZ->Kowloon (China (HK) Ferry Terminal, Tsimshatsui) HK$185
It seems that everyone over here keeps stressing that the ferry is the coolest way to get to HK. Well, it's not the best option if you're going to Disneyland or the interior of HK. You're better off taking a luxury bus that goes there directly. Just outside the departure gates, you'll find a cushy lounge called Trans-Island China Link for direct coaches to HK.
Here's a breakdown of the prices:
Prince Edward MTR HK$90
Wan Chai Ferry Terminal HK$100
The bus goes to Macau as well, but it didn't come cheap at about HK$170(?) You're better off taking the ferry I feel.
They've got a website as well. From the looks of it, there were barely any folks there so advance booking does not seem to be necessary.
If you need to get from Shen Zhen to downtown Luohu, you can either take the
1)Nice big blue airport bus which would dump you at the backside of Luohu Commercial City or
2)A mini bus which would dump you at a nicer location in Luohu Commercial City (at the front, near the bus terminal) or
3)A cab which cost 5 times more than option 1 and 2.
Both buses and cabs are just outside of the departure gates. The bus cost 20RMB and takes about 1 hour to travel to Luohu whereas the cab cost about 5 times more and takes about 30-40min to reach there.
Tip: Do not sucuumb to temptation and follow those lousy touts who approach you at the depart. gates. Chances are, they are illegal taxi drivers with no price meters. Go with them and you'll get fleeced/robbed/God knows what else. The legal taxis are just wating outside.
There's a shuttle bus from SZ Airport to destinations in Guang Dong (Zhuhai,HuiZhou.Dongguan, etc ). I took a snap shot of the schedule, travelling times and tix prices which might come in handy, I hope.
More Reviews (9)
bpacker's Related Pages
Shenzhen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "shenzhen adventures"
- "Shenzen - Economic liberation"
- "Fuyong & Shenzhen - Trip to the Pearl River Delta"
- "A work related trip"
- "Shenzhen = $ Shopping $"
- "My first bussines trip to China"
- "Shenzhen (深圳)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shenzhen
- Hotels in Shenzhen
- Transportation in Shenzhen
- Nightlife in Shenzhen
- Restaurants in Shenzhen
- Shopping in Shenzhen
- Warnings and Dangers in Shenzhen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gualala Hotels
- North Carolina Hotels
- Forestville Hotels
- Scarborough Hotels
- Santo Domingo
Badges & Stats in Shenzhen
- 13 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Shenzhen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shenzhen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
Latest Shenzhen hotel reviews
- Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Shekou Haitao Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013
- Sunway Hotel Shenzhen
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Days Inn Shenzhen
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Greentree Inn Shenzhen Dongmen
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Ming Wah International Convention Centre
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Guang Xin Hotel Shenzhen
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2011
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Four Points Shenzhen
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Ambassador Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2011
- Luohu Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Best Western Felicity
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Century Plaza Hotel Shenzhen
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Grand Chu Hotel Shenzhen
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2009
- Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
- 374 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013