"Singapore, My Lil' Haven" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore by bpacker
Singapore Travel Guide: 11,738 reviews and 27,487 photos
Quick Update : Someone once asked me what they should not miss if they pop down to this little spot in South East Asia. Well, other than stuffing your face full with delectable food like the famed food writer, Anthony Bourdain, you should also meet up with the motley bunch of VTers if you have the chance. Though I am not very regular with the meetings these days since I'm mostly out of town, I dare say I always have a blast of time with these fellas. Everyone is enthusiastic about food and the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming. It sure beats interacting online when you have a steaming pot of food in front of you;p plus you get more insider tips with us locals. We promise not to talk about the Merlion or wax too much lyrical about the zoo.
A big welcome to my Singapore Page! This is the place where I call home, it's a small island but it's my haven for the longest time. This place has been desribed as the 'best page' in VT, 'an ode to gastronomy' by some of my readers so I hope you enjoy reading it as much as they have. And if you spot anything that requires my clarification, just pop a line to me.
Many of my readers have commented that I live in food haven. Yes I do and I don't deny that my page is very food-focused ! Like many Singaporeans, I live for good food and the next buffet! Yup, we're all spoilt for choices over here as there is a rich variety of food due to our many cultures and races. Do check out my guide to the delicious grubs in town. They range from chi-chi places to good budget bets. Honestly, if you haven't indulged in the local grub over here, you haven't really been to Singapore...
Other than food, Singapore offers other surprising delights. For example, did you know that Singapore is the only city in the world besides Rio de Janeiro (that's in Brazil) that has a rainforest within the city? Or that Suntec City actually has the world's biggest fountain? We also have the biggest version of Madonna's spiky bra, but that's another story altogether. Read more from my off beaten path tales to find out more....
- Pros:Potpurri of Cultures, Low Crime Rate , and of course excellent Food
- Cons:Fines for everything , high cost of living , changing environment
- In a nutshell:A clean and nice place to experience the whole of Asia
Now for a country with no seasons at all, Singapore celebrate season festivals with a vengence. Undeterred by the fact... more travel advice
"A Chinese-based comfort-food classic: char kway teow (fried flat rice noodles). Originally a poor-man’s lunch thrown... more travel advice
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
bpacker's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Singapore, My Lil' Haven"
- "1 Main Island and 63 Islets - 699 Sq Km"
- "IMPREXXION: SINGAPORE"
- "Singapore - My Homeland"
- "Keeweechic's Singapore"
- "City of surprises"
- "Singapore - The Garden City!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 207 Reviews
- 387 Photos
- 199 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues