"Johorian Jungle Tales" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor by bpacker
Negeri Johor Travel Guide: 1,456 reviews and 3,461 photos
Have you heard of elephant and tiger sightings in Singapore? Well, it ain't no urban myth, those Jumanji typed rumours are true and the creatures probably popped by from the neighbour state of Johor. Yes, as surprisingly as it may seemed, there are jungles in urban Johor. Not just any jungle but a National Park. The Endau Rompin National Park, in particular, is home to elephants, rhinoceros, tigers, sun bears and other fascinating creatures.
So by reading my title, you would have thought that my close shave with these creatures, yes? Sad to say, bpacker didn't get mauled by a crazed tiger. The closest I got was to a tiger leech. My close shave was with a 4x4 (jeep) that nearly overturned in the steep terrain. But thank God, we managed to get Jeep up and going.
Well, despite the hairy ride with the jeep, hubby and I did have some fun trekking to waterfalls and indulging in some nature photography. It was a good break in the wild and my ramblings has inspired at least one VTer to write a poem for all to enjoy:)
I think my wild jungle tales got robertgaz really inspired and he wrote 5 stanzas, no less, for all to enjoy. To the Bard of VT, THANK YOU!
Went off again,
To the forests of Johor.
While driving there,
She got a scare,
Spinning round in a 4x4.
When told to flee,
Glen jumped with glee,
From the rebellious jeep's side door.
Upon lifting her breeches,
She found a party of leeches,
And under wet socks found some more.
But despite the frights,
She beheld the sights,
And took VT pic's galore!
- Pros:Wide Variety of Flora and Fauna in the Jungles of Johor
- Cons:Leeches Unlimited!
- In a nutshell:Wildlife that is a stone's throw from Civilization
Since it rained the whole time we were at Endau Rompin, we didn't go for the night walk. Instead, we sat around the fire... more travel advice
If you do get a chance to stay in Endau Rompin, don't miss out on the chance to interact with the local tribesman or the... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Negeri Johor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Johorian Jungle Tales"
- "Chinese New Year in Johor"
- "Johor (Johore) - Southern Most State"
- "Puteri Gunung Ledang"
- "Johor - Southern Gateway"
- "Water, water, water everywhere!"
- "Johor Darul Takzim"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Johor
- Hotels in Negeri Johor
- Transportation in Negeri Johor
- Nightlife in Negeri Johor
- Restaurants in Negeri Johor
- Shopping in Negeri Johor
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Johor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Johor
- 110 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Negeri Johor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Johor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues