"A Diva's Guide to Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab by bpacker
Khett Siem Reab Travel Guide: 4,330 reviews and 12,640 photos
Not too long ago, there existed three divas from Singapore. Clubber Diva, who loved having a wild time anywhere, Shopper Diva who loved procuring anything under the name of beauty and Greedy Diva who loved the art of degustation. One day, these three divas decided to go to Cambodia together and started planning for a wonderful diva-licious time there.They decided, upon their arrival, to go straight from the dusty roads of Siem Reap to the cool oasis of Grand Hotel D'Angkor. And they did. They had a sumptous buffet meal and an intimate soiree of a ballet once enjoyed by the Angkorian Kings of yore.Fortified by the experience, the divas charged forth and headed for an ancient city of stone temples. They spent 5 days looking at tombs, monuments and deciphered long-forgotten stories imprinted on stones. And they conquered it all and had a good time.
Now, along the way, Shopper Diva and Greedy Diva lucked out and met the grand ambassador of a worldwide book cult called the Lonely Planet. They paid their respects to him and he , in return gave them permission to take a photograph with him. This sent the divas to seventh heaven and they bragged about it the whole day to everyone they met. To read more about it, go to the Angkor Wat page
Above it all, all three divas visited all the film sites that once graced the High Goddess of Adventure, Lara Croft. It gave them a real high to know that great adventure can be had at Angkor, with or without dancing stone monkeys..To check out the filming sites, click my 'to do' page.
- Pros:Lots of hotels and good restaurants.
- Cons:Scorching hot weather
- In a nutshell:Modern Gateway to an Ancient City
You can fly direct to Siem Reap fro Hong Kong on Siem Reap Airways. Yes, it's the silly looking plane you see in the... more travel advice
Now, if you're keen on treking in the Cambodian jungle but not keen to get your legs blown off, go to Kbal Spean. The... more travel advice
- See All Kuytheav, Cambodian Beef Noodle Soup
- Bugs for Dessert
- See All Little Hanuman Warrior
bpacker's Related Pages
Khett Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Diva's Guide to Angkor"
- "Siem Reap"
- "Keeweechic's Siem Reap"
- "Amazing Ankor Wat"
- "Los templos de Angkor- Angkor temples"
- "Old World Charm of Siem Reap"
- "In Angkor and around"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khett Siem Reab
- Hotels in Khett Siem Reab
- Transportation in Khett Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Khett Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Khett Siem Reab
- Shopping in Khett Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Khett Siem Reab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khett Siem Reab
- 109 Reviews
- 147 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Khett Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khett Siem Reab
Photos in Khett Siem ReabSee All Photos (147)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues