"Little place between steep mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Flåm by bpacker
Flåm Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 336 photos
Before I left for Scandinavia, I spent a long time deciding whether or not to take the ever popular " Norway in a Nutshell" tour offered by the railway services. I initially scoffed at the offer as it was a popular tour and whatever is popular is cheesy right? Well far from it, I was glad I made the decision to go on this awesome journey which included a train ride, a boat cruise and a bus ride. Far from seeing a spectre of chessy sights, I was bowled over by majestic fjords, amazing waterfalls, misty moutains and wild seals swimming around .
This was the most amazing journey I've ever taken and I highly recommend it. Of course, if you do decide to go on this "nutty" tour, go at it on a leisurely pace, take a breather in Flam to see the wild seals, you won't regret it...
I was walking down the lovely harbour at Flam when a local fisherman started gesticulating wildly at me. Thinking he was a drunk with a rod, I ignored him until I saw him pointing to something that moved in the water. It was a seal ! A shy and curious one . It swam near at one point to look at this strange open-mouthed Singaporean then swam away. Since my mouth was still hanging open from awe, I didn't have the wits to take a picture of Mr Seal. Can you blame me? The only wildlife I have at home is the guppy in my tank. Since I didn't have the patience to sit for hours for Mr Seal to re-appear, here's a picture of the place where I saw him .
- Pros:Wild seals, mirror-like fjords and high mountains...
- Cons:The only night birds here are owls...
- In a nutshell:Lovely stopover point
Now after you've done with your hiking adventures in Flam, do take a walk along the harbour area. You'll find a stone... more travel advice
Alternatively, you could cater food for yourself by buying yummy instant noodles, canned tuna, eggs, etc from the little... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Flåm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There is more to Flam than the Flamsbana"
- "Scenic Cruising & Flåm Railway"
- "MORE TROLLS AT FLAM!"
- "Little place between steep mountains"
- "Norway in a Nutshell Trip"
- "FLÅM and AURLANDSDALEN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flåm
- Hotels in Flåm
- Transportation in Flåm
- Restaurants in Flåm
- Shopping in Flåm
- Warnings and Dangers in Flåm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flåm
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Flåm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flåm
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues