"Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem" Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim by bpacker
Trondheim Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 999 photos
Enroute from Bodø to Oslo by train, I made a pit stop for the ancient capital of Norway. Glad I did, this bustling university town has a rich past with obvious reminders everywhere! I enjoyed exploring the place by foot and slowly uncovering the rich past , bit by bit. The highlights of my walking tour were :
1)The colourful warehouses in Bryggen in Old Trondheim ( see photo above ).
Honestly, I preferred the Bryggen over here compared to the popular one in Bergen. Click open my pages to see why.
This amazing gothic structure is Trondheim's most dominant landmark and Scandinavia's largest medieval building. Did I also mention that it is also the most popular pilgrimage site in Scandinavia? Follow the footsteps of the pilgrims and see this amazing place.
For a bird's eye view of Trondheim, huff and puff your way to Kristianten Fort, 10 min away from Old Trondheim. Click here to find out more about its morbid past...
- Pros:Great place to explore by foot, rich medieval past
- In a nutshell:A must see in Norway for history buffs !
Trondheim has some of the prettiest manhole covers around the hole. I'm not joking, it's even featured in Wikipedia... more travel advice
Along the way back to Torvet, we saw Trondheim Tinghus and concluded that Trondheim must have the loveliest courthouse... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Trondheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Trondheim"
- "Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem"
- "The anciest Norway's Capital"
- "The city where I studied"
- "Trondheim - A visit on historical ground"
- "Nidaros - Historical capital of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trondheim
- Hotels in Trondheim
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Restaurants in Trondheim
- Shopping in Trondheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trondheim
- 18 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Trondheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trondheim
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues