"Beautiful City of Parks and Museums" Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö by bpacker
Malmö Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,018 photos
After Liz and I spent about a week in wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen(!), we reluctantly left the delicious beers, sausages and fun behind so that we could attend a wedding in Frosunda. Where the hell is Frosunda? Yes, I heard you saying that. Liz and I didn't know either so we were actually reluctant to leave . All we know was that it was somewhere in the depths of IKEA land. Perhaps where the cows were. But we didn't care. Our shallow game plan then was to enjoy first and check out places that were actually in the Lonely Planet. After that, we could panic and throw our hands in the air in despair if a planned rendezvous in Stockholm didn't work out. Yes, we were supposed to meet another Singaporean (living in London) in Stockholm so that we could be escorted to the wedding venue. But till then, Malmö(pronounced mahl-mer and not mahl-moe) was our chosen destination. Why? Simply because it was along the way to Stockholm and it was clearly marked on the map. Despite our lame reasoning, it turned out to be a good decision. After a beautifully scenic train ride from Copenhagen Central Station across the Oresund (the watery channel seperating Denmark and Sweden)...
..We descended on a wonderfully quiet place with antiquated churches, parks, castles and museums. Encouraged with our find, Liz and I bought the card with the Duck's ass and toured this beautiful place.
The card with the duck's ass got us unlimited rides on the public buses, entries to many museums including an impressive Renaissance. But what caught our interest most were the parks in the region. They were beautiful post autumn and better still free. Click open my pages to find out more.
- Pros:City of Parks, Museums and Castles
- Cons:Lots of duck poo in the Parks
- In a nutshell:Get the Card with the Duck's Ass
I don't know why the Malmö Stadsbibliotek isn't featured as an attraction but any library that cost US$26m to build is... more travel advice
Compared to the razzle dazzle of Copenhagen, Malmo is way quieter. If you're a party animal and not into parks and art,... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Malmö Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Continental Malmö - city of parks, art, nightlife"
- "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
- "Malmö New Year"
- "The largest town in Skåne and Swedens third city"
- "Where the future faces the past"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malmö
- Hotels in Malmö
- Transportation in Malmö
- Nightlife in Malmö
- Restaurants in Malmö
- Shopping in Malmö
- Warnings and Dangers in Malmö
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malmö
- 24 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Malmö?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malmö
- updated a Malmö Travel Page "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Commented on one of bpacker's Malmö travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- Wrote a Review Visiting a $26m library and getting free emails about Parks & canals in Malmö Things to Do
Photos in MalmöSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues