"A Seaside House Art Musuem" Humlebæk by bpacker
Humlebæk Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
Take a day trip out of Copenhagen, if you can. Go to this nineteenth century seaside bungalow that houses the best of Denmark's contemporaray painting, sculpture, graphics, architecture and landscape. Even if you are not into art, you'll be enraptured by the extensive grounds and beautiful landscaping, which is minamally Swedish in design. Lots of mobiles and stone sculptures dot the beautiful gardens, so you'll be able to admire art even as you have your picnic.
It is interesting to note that this art musuem was once a seaside house and it's named after the former owner's three wives. (Bet he had a jolly good time with his in-laws...)
Click here to go to the musuem's webpage. It's in English, thankfully.
Louisiana Art Museum, Strandvej, 3050 Humlebæk, Denmark
Did I also mention they have a lovely cafe there that serves a buffet brunch on weekends? Check it out...
10am to 5pm (or 10pm on Wednesdays)
Since this place is a whopping 30km away from Copenhagen, it is best to take a train from the Central railway station on Vesterbrogade. Stop at Humlebæk Station and look for directional signs to the museum. It's about 5 min away by bus. You can also choose to take a leisurely walk along the manicured gardens of this huge residential area. Just turn left from the station and walk straight.
For more details on rail travel, click here
- Pros:Good collection of popular art pieces
- Cons:You'll wonder why you've travelled so far if you're not an art lover
- In a nutshell:Good place for a picnic and to appreciate art
bpacker's Related Pages
Humlebæk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Louisiana Museum of Modern Art"
- "Home of the World's Best Art Gallery"
- "A Seaside House Art Musuem"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Humlebæk
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Humlebæk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Humlebæk
Photos in HumlebækSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues