"Bird Watching and Beach Combing in Changi" Top 5 Page for this destination Changi Beach Park by bpacker

Changi Beach Park Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 89 photos

Burung kakak tua,
hinggap di jendela,
nenek sudah tua,
giginya tinggal dua,

let-trum, let-trum, let-trum hoo la la (3x)
burung kakak tua

(English Translation)
Old Sister Bird
Perched on the window sill
Grandma is now quite old
Of her teeth, only two remain

let-trum, let-trum, let-trum hoo la la (3x)
Old Sis-ter Birrrrd!

(Lyrics, kindly remembered by ladyleo0408)

Ask any local and he'll tell you that Changi Village is a haven for parrots. Of course, when I think of parrots, I think of the old nursery rhyme that my grandma loved to sing. Burung Ka Ka Tua is the local name for parrot and sometimes a name to label a talkative person. Since I love these parrots and I love this song, Here's a slideshow for the parrots that I photographed in Changi Village. It has the Tanimbar Corellas, Yellow-Crested Cockatoos, Red Breasted Parakeets in it.

• Intro Updated Jan 25, 2007

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 5:35 AM

Just came back from Changi Beach but didnt get to see any interesting marine life like anemone :(

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2007 at 10:33 PM

For those living far away, the name of Singapore evocates a large city with skyscrapers and certainly not a birds' watcher paradise! A beautiful page with superb photos!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Hiya Glen... I see you have a couple of my Aussie mates here... the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo :~)

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 9:01 PM

you got to really zoom to get those beautiful bird pics, glen. btw, my kids wont ever forget their great time at jurong bird park on that enclosed aviary when we visited singapore. lot of colorful birds.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Terrific photos here - will return again. Looking for your underwater pix ?? Ciao, Carol

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM

Smashing baby, this is the kind of Powers chicken that i am talking about. The Brown-necked Raven's mum was (pigeon) rape victim by common raven. Just kidding. ;->

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 4:45 PM

good page Glen! Guess I have a whole other part of SG to explore when I return!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 2:39 AM

You really seem to be getting serious about this birdwatching hobby! Nice photos on your tips and travelogues.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 4:55 AM

I'll have to check this out next time I'm in Singapore : )

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Did you try the famous nasi lemak and Charlie's corner's fish and chips? I am thinking about food again, esp after my detox. Gees.

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Badges & Stats in Changi Beach Park

Have you been to Changi Beach Park?

Latest Activity in Changi Beach Park