Pulau Semakau Transportation Tips by bpacker
Pulau Semakau Transportation: 2 reviews and 3 photos
West Coast Pier
Currently, entry to Pulau Semakau is restricted and there's only 3 groups with direct access there so you'll need to contact them before making a trip there. They are:
1)Nature Society organises birdwatching trips for members only at $25.
2)Sport Fishing Association organises angling tours for its members at $30 and members of the public at $40.
3)Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research(NUS) organises inter-tidal walks for Public at $52.50 per person.
All of these groups will ask you to fill up at least 2 forms before going and they are
1)Indemnity forms ( they're not responsible if you decide to jump off the boat or get attacked by a crazed flock of eagles)
2)Entry permit from National Environment Agency
Other than all these, just note that these trips are usually made in the Gordforsaken hours of the morning. The groups usually meet at the West Coast Pier (near Republic of Singapore Yacht Club) at about 6-7am to take a chartered boat to the island. There is an immigration area there so you'll need to bring your i/c or passport (even if you're a local) to go to Pulau Semakau.
More Reviews (11)
bpacker's Related Pages
Pulau Semakau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nature Haven in a Rubbish Dump"
- "Rubbish Island"
- "Pulau Semakau Intertidal Walk"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Missoula Hotels
- Douiret en Nessara Hotels
- Bruton Hotels
- Vredenburg Hotels
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Transportation
- Wadowice Transportation
- East Timor Transportation
- Nizhniy Novgorod Transportation
- Bad Herrenalb Transportation
- Sheffield Transportation
- Sightseeing Buses
- Roxas City Transportation
- Corniglia Transportation
- Gouvernorat de Mahdia Transportation
Badges & Stats in Pulau Semakau
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Pulau Semakau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Semakau
Photos in Pulau SemakauSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues