"Singapore's Rustic Backyard" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Ubin by bpacker

Pulau Ubin Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 575 photos

Things that go BUMP! in the Night

Quick Update: Just recently, I had a jungle walk in the middle of the night in Pulau Ubin . Now, you may wonder what the hell for right? Especially, when it's the seventh month ( aka Chinese Halloween ) now and all. Well, being the daft modern Chinese that I am, my only quest was to spy on the spotted wood owl with my nature group. Apparently, our group totally forgot what month this was until we were midway to the island. By then, we were unwilling to put the whole thing off and gamely carried on with our quest. But we got more than we bargained for . Not only didn't we see the bloody owl, we saw performances for the dead, creepy crawlies and paranormal sightings. Paranormal. Yes, you read me correct. Click my off the beaten path page to see my "ghost" picture.

Beyound creepy crawlies, Pulau Ubin has golden sun-kissed beaches, a natural flatland full of marine creatures and a green backyard full of fruit trees. Now you might ask if this is Singapore at all. Yes, it is ! All this can be found in Pulau Ubin, a little island backyard found off the eastern coast of Singapore. Take a bumpy ride on a bum boat there and discover its rustic charms for yourself.

Pulau Ubin

Pulau Bin is speckled with beautiful beaches like this . If you could, grab a bike and explore this little niches for yourself.

Chek Jawa Beach

Pretty Sea Anemones, hermit crabs, sea cucumbers and an occasional sea elephant. Yes, you can actually see these creatures at Chek Jawa Beach . Keen to see more? Click on my travelogue

• Last visit to Pulau Ubin: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2005

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 4:20 AM

Fascinating page, helpful tips & nice write up! I'm off to Ubin this weekend, but not at night, not this month ;).

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 7:54 PM

I'm a birdwatcher so my original intention was to see owls! I totally forgot about the 7th month thingy.

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 1:12 AM

Interesting "SPI" sightings.... You stayed at Ubin till nite to take pictures ah?

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 9:57 PM

It's always a pleasure to re-visit your pages ;~)

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 7:02 PM

opened VT today and the familiar face is the featured member. it's glen (we got almost same VT handle) leads me to your pages. wished gone mtbiking in P. Ubin the last time we were at S'pore but have no time. have a good day!!!

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 5:20 AM

Orbs: Looks like reflected glare of dust/mould clusters inside your camera lens, G. The dark foreground helps. Tell me when they dancing or start talking to you....(grin)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2006 at 9:35 PM

I would never have believed that all what you show here was in Singapore! Completely unexpected!

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 2:55 AM

For the life of me, I can't make out what that thing is. Too 'Blair Witch Project' for me :O It's astounding the amount of stuff there is to see in singapore, and so diverse too! Catch ya' later, Glenda :)

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 4:05 AM

Sounds intersting!!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 2:06 AM

Cool stuffs. Anyone has got ghostbusters' number?

bpacker Visits Here Frequently!

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Ubin

Have you been to Pulau Ubin?

Latest Activity in Pulau Ubin