Hanoi Warnings Or Dangers Tips by bpacker Top 5 Page for this destination
Hanoi Warnings and Dangers: 92 reviews and 66 photos
Pirates are lurkin' everywhere, matey
Have ya ever met a pirate? Never, matey? Ya'll be meetin' those darn bandits in Hanoi the moment ya flag a cab. Aye! 1 out 5 cabs you hail in hanoi will be a pirate. Those blasted land lubbers in cabs are more crooked than Long John Silver and Polly put together. Ya know ya got a cutlass pointin' at ya when..
1)Your cab stops a distance from the hotel lobby and refuses to go near it..
2)The cab meters runs like speedy gonzales instead of clicking dutifully with the distance
3)You get charged about US$5 for a short ride within the city
4) The cab meter starts at 20,000D or more
(Starting fare is 14,000)
Hubby and I were charged about USD5 or USD6 for a short 1km ride many times. On top of that, we got colourful piratey swear words when we insisted on the correct amount. Damm those blasted, barnacle-headed cabbies! Same goes for Xe Om drivers and cyclo drivers. They've got lots to learn from their more honest HCMC mates.
More Reviews (71)
- Touring Vietnam by Bike
- See All Hanoi:Temple of Literature
- See All The Best Museum in Vietnam
- See All Don't miss the Cha Ca over here
- See All Animated Water Play
bpacker's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 72 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 81 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum- 79 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Water Puppet Show- 70 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Hoan Kiem Lake- 99 Reviews, 227 Photos
- Temple of Literature- 67 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Ha Long Bay- 40 Reviews, 111 Photos
- The Museum of Ethnology- 38 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Old Quarter- 39 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Army Museum- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Hoa Lo Prison- 20 Reviews, 52 Photos
- West Lake- 16 Reviews, 32 Photos
See All Hanoi Things to Do