Ha Long Transportation Tips by bpacker Top 5 Page for this destination
Ha Long Transportation: 39 reviews and 80 photos
Junk with Yellow Sails, near Sung Sot Caves
The best way to travel around Ha Long Bay is on a huge Chinese junk, complete with red or yellow sails. Don't cheat yourself of the experience and go in a modern cruise ship that we saw.
Canoe Carrying Boat
If you take the 3d2n trip by ODC, you'll be transported in these boats to the village of Viet Hai and Cat Ba Island after your night's stay on the junk. These smaller boats move a lot faster and they carry canoes on top..
Cave cut into a hill
Somehow, the best form of transport in the islands around Ha Long Bay seem to be your own two legs. They'll carry you into dark caves cut into the hills and windy jungle paths if you're venturing into Catba National Park.
Note : We hiked for about 6km into Catba National Park
More Reviews (36)
- See All Choosing a travel agent to do this
- See All Overnight on a Junk
- See All Sung Sot Cave : Seeing things
- See All Kayaking in Ha Long Bay
- See All CatBa Island
bpacker's Related Pages
Ha Long Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From a Dragon's mouth"
- "Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend"
- "Land of Descending Dragons"
- "Amazing Halong Bay"
- "Dreaming of Ha Long Bay"
- "guell's Ha Long Page"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ha Long
- Hotels in Ha Long
- Transportation in Ha Long
- Nightlife in Ha Long
- Restaurants in Ha Long
- Shopping in Ha Long
- Warnings and Dangers in Ha Long
- See All...
Explore the World
- Calverstown Hotels
- Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Hotels
- Gonzales Hotels
- Gijón Hotels
- Tung Lo Wan
- Al Karnak
Badges & Stats in Ha Long
- 39 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Ha Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ha Long
Photos in Ha LongSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues