"Chiang Dao" Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Dao by bpacker
Chiang Dao Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 171 photos
Ever once in a while, I would be filled with great reluctance to blog about a special place that I've just visited. This is one good example. I've just returned from a magical little place called the Nest. It is a little resort that is nestled amongst the majestic mountains of Chiang Dao.Birds from everywhere visit this little resort as it has a garden, rich with hues of varied blooms and thick with the scent of greenery. I lived in that thatched hut that you see over there, covered under the heavy blooms of orange honeysuckle. Come every morning, I'll sit at the breakfast table and look at the garden as how you see this picture now, absorbing the sights and sounds of this little haven. Ah, I spent almost a week here with my husband and it was the holiday we've been looking forward for a long time. We were supposed to be here earlier but what with the crazy schedule for the house shift and my training for the Marathon, we never made here last year. So we planned carefully and even avoided the first week of the New Year just in case there were a crowd of revellers. And we had a good time, we saw birds in the day time and come night, we ate gourmet food prepared by the resort owner. It was a perfect holiday and yes, I did photograph my red-whiskered bulbul over here and saw the bird
I came to see, the Giant Nuthatch.
I must admit, that for once, I was glad to avoid the company of other birders. I was a tad agitated when my friend asked me if she could join in the fun over here. Earlier, I had shared with her about my plans about the perfect holiday and she decided she would go to the same place for a spot of bird-watching. Sigh and this was a person who could wake up at 6am every morning for birding and bird till 10pm in the night! I later swooned with relief when I found out she was here a week earlier. This time round, I wasn't here to make a giant list of birds but for a good holiday.
bpacker's Related Pages
Chiang Dao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chiang Dao"
- "Village Of Long Neck Women"
- "Peaceful and beautiful place"
- "Chiang Dao"
- "A Hidden Paradise"
- "Chiang Dao (means-Town of Stars)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Dao
- Hotels in Chiang Dao
- Transportation in Chiang Dao
- Restaurants in Chiang Dao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Dao
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Chiang Dao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Dao
Photos in Chiang DaoSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues