Versailles Favorite Tips by bpacker Top 5 Page for this destination
Versailles Favorites: 97 reviews and 187 photos
Versailles on a weekday
Favorite thing: The best time to visit Versailles is actually on a weekday, after 3.30pm. Why? Simply because the annoying crowds would have thinned out by then and ticket prices are reduced . Fares are also reduced on Sunday but going there on a weekend plays havoc on your sanity. What, with snake like queues, elbows in your ribs and in your eye, can you remain sane?
Ticket Prices after 330pm
?7.50-> ?5.50 ( Grand Palace)
?5-> ?3 (Trianon Palaces)
The little tourist office
Favorite thing: It pays to be nosy sometimes. Really, just before I entered the Versailles Palace, I nosed around an obscure tourist office just outside of the palace gates. Since there was hardly anyone there, I flooded the poor clerk with all sorts of annoying questions. It paid off. In a bid to get rid of me, she advised me to grab a "passport" (?20) that would allow:
-> entry to multiple palace areas and all the Trianon Gardens
->priority access ( no **** queues! )
-> Usage of an audio guide.
Just the thing for a restless person like me. I grab it of course and later recalled frustrated sods queuing up for the same thing at the Palace itself.
Of course, you don't need the passport if you have the musuem pass. The pass covers both the Trianon palaces and the Chateau.
More Reviews (45)
bpacker's Related Pages
Versailles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandeur Beyound Words"
- "ON THE STEPS OF MARIE-ANTOINETTE."
- "The Royal Opera in Versailles"
- "HOME OF THE "SUN KING""
- "Moscow - Versailles"
- "When Kings lived in Versailles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Versailles
- Hotels in Versailles
- Transportation in Versailles
- Nightlife in Versailles
- Restaurants in Versailles
- Shopping in Versailles
- Warnings and Dangers in Versailles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Versailles
- 47 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Versailles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Versailles
- updated a Versailles Travel Page "Grandeur Beyound Words"
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Commented on one of Luchonda's Versailles travel pages
- Wrote a Review Blast from the Past in the Petit Trianon in Versailles Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Blast from the Past in the Petit Trianon"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
- The Palace of Versailles- 107 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Gardens- 60 Reviews, 137 Photos
- The Hall of Mirrors - La Galerie des Glaces- 42 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Basins, Fountains and Statues- 30 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Grand Trianon Castle- 24 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Hameau de la reine- 21 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Petit Trianon castle- 15 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Grands Appartements du Roi et de la Reine- 37 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Galeries de l'Histoire de France- 10 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Royal Chapel- 9 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Versailles Things to Do