"Penang for Foodies" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang by bpacker
Penang Travel Guide: 2,478 reviews and 5,340 photos
If you're reading this page, chances are you're a foodie like myself and can't wait to unearth Georgetown's best kept foodie secrets. Congratulations, you've come to THE correct page. Like my other pages, this one is also food and photography centric and I won't bother putting too much trivialities on touristy joints. What you find instead are a lot of food tips and odd sights that tourists tend to miss in their tour bus pursuit.
Penang has been heralded by Time(Asia) Magazine as the Best Place in Asia for Street Food and I couldn't agree better. To quote from them, Penang is a free-ranging buffet that spans more than a hundred sq km.No one says it better than them. Once I was here, I became a free-range cow overnight and grazed my way through oodles of delicious street food. But in between the grazing, I had an important goal at the behest of my noodle lovin' husband.
This page is dedicated to our foodie guides , Penangite Chin and Carrie. Guys, you're the best, we would never have detected Penang's best without you nor eaten so much, hahaha! Our utmost appreciation for your dedication in chauffering us around town and waking us up in the wee hours of the morning to try all those delicious delicacies in far-flung areas.
- Pros:Quote from Chin: Everything is extremely edible around here
- Cons:Questionable Hygiene and even more questionable road signs
- In a nutshell:Best Place in Asia for Street Food
Well, you're here in Penang and you need to buy something for the relatives back home. Instead of buying that lousy... more travel advice
The Penang War Museum is probably the best war museum in Asia. Unlike conventional indoor museums, this one is situated... more travel advice
- See All Penang is in "1000 places to see before...
- See All Sar Hor Fun
- See All The Lazy Way Up Penang Hill
- See All Hiking in Penang
bpacker's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 62 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Photos in PenangSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues