"A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka" Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka by bpacker
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,594 reviews and 3,912 photos
Update: As incredible as it is, there are some folks out there who have lifted my words and pictures from this page for commercial gain. This is dispicable . Please note that all pictures and text in my Malacca pages are copyrighted to me and to virtual tourist. Please do not use this without prior permission.
The wild meet in Melaka looks like an event to remember. Even after all the braggin', draggin ( smoking) and biking was done, there was a wild frenzy of photo exchange and talking between Singaporean, Malaysian and Aussie Vters! Lol, Robertgaz wrote a poem after his creative juices went into a whir from listening to all of our wild stories. Here's his poem for all to enjoy.. .
Arranged a VT meet,
To drag and to brag,
And of course to eat.
Typhoon Jen said she'll go,
And Basil went too,
To look after his girl,
And keep her out of the stew.
And who else should join them,
But Big Bad Bok and Bee Koon,
To join all their friends,
And race at high noon.
Things did go amiss,
When they started to race,
On a very little bike,
Jen thought she was ace.
Trying to run someone down,
She hit hard on the throttle,
And then spent a few days,
Bored out of her bottle.
Now lots more went along,
And they haven't been missed,
By all those who went,
Who were on a class list.
Mention Shopping and Eating to any Singaporean and I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar, that a magical spark will ignite in the poor sod's eyes. Mine was no exception. When I heard that my friends were going on such a trip to Malacca, my eyes sparked like some cheap china-made fire cracker and I eagerly signed up for it. Never mind if I was suppose to watch my weight because of a coming dive trip! Well, I could go to Melaka and take lots of colourful pictures, right? Also, the extra fat might benefit my buoyancy control underwater, haha .Well, if you must know, at the end of the day, my friends and I couldn't betray our Singaporean traits. Though we took lots of great shots, we ate and shop for what it was worth and boy, did we have a great time.
My friends and I went on a witch hunt for every imaginable Melakan goodie we could lay our hands on. If it was good, you can bet we would have eaten it. Never mind if it looked dubious! We definitely came, saw and conquered anything edible. Ah, I admit I was a typical yeow kwee (glutton) in Melaka.
Photo Note: It just occured to me that 4 of us gluttons here are into xtreme sports(diving, rock climbing, blading, mathoners, etc).Hmm, is there a co-relation somehow?
After we filled our tummies, we went on a photography tour de force. Bad mistake, it seemed that we ended up buying every thing we captured in our cameras. Arrgh, damage control definitely wasn't there. Read my shopping tips to see how damage was wrecked..
- Pros:Great Food, Shopping, Lots of Historical Artefacts
- Cons:Narrow streets makes lousy traffic
- In a nutshell:A Food Paradise Set in a Historical Place
It's a breeze riding or driving from Singapore to Melaka these days, thanks to the excellent North South... more travel advice
Now, down in the narrow, twisted lane of Melaka, there is a cavernous, antiquated restaurant with lots of quirky... more travel advice
- See All Cycling in A Cemetery : Bukit Cina,...
- See All The Peranankans of Melaka
- See All Melaka shophouse
- See All Jonker Street Teems with Life
bpacker's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 68 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
- Uploaded a Photo to "More than just Chendol and Nasi Padang"
- Commented on one of vinc_bilb's Melaka travel pages
- updated a Melaka Travel Page "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Wrote a Review Biking or Driving to Melaka from Singapore in Melaka Transportation
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (119)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues