"Gateway to the Jewels of the Malaysia" Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing by bpacker
Mersing Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 161 photos
The gems are Malaysia are undoubtedly her many beautiful pristine beaches . Venture from this little sleepy seaside town to the outlying islands of PulauTioman, Pulau Aur, P.Tinggi, P.Besar, P.Rawa. (In case you're wondering, the word " Pulau " means island in their national language, Behasa Melayu. ) Dive the clear waters, explore hidden underwater gardens and return to this place for its great seafood and cheap sleeps.
There are surprisingly pockets of interesting things to see and do over here in Mersing as I discovered. Quite a surprising find as I'm usually here at night, groggy from the lack of sleep, head spinning from a bumpy ride from Singapore and waiting in the darkness for a ferry to take me to a dive trip at some magical island. I wondered then what Mersing would look like in the morning. So I returned...
Cruise along the heart of this little town. It's known as the " Pusat ". Restaurants and hotels are all clustered there.
After you have done so, cruise to the ferry terminal and take a boat out...
- Pros:Fantastic food, cheap accomodation, transport to all islands
- Cons:Nothing much to do around here...
- In a nutshell:Gateway to the beautiful islands of Malaysia
I didn't stay here but was drawn to the island hopping tours here. A dorm bed over here cost only RM8, room with a... more travel advice
I've been here several times to dive. The coral life here is simply fantastic. Also, there is a narrow channel here that... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Mersing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Peaceful And Tranquil Mersing"
- "Gateway to the Jewels of the Malaysia"
- "(mer)Sing For Your Supper"
- "^| M | E | R | S | I | N | G |^"
- "Untouch beach near palm oil plantations"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mersing
- Hotels in Mersing
- Transportation in Mersing
- Restaurants in Mersing
- Shopping in Mersing
- Warnings and Dangers in Mersing
- See All...
Explore the World
- Franz Josef Glacier Hotels
- Yosemite National Park
- Valparai Hotels
- Riyadh Hotels
- Wertzville Hotels
- Province of Quezon
- Panama City Beach
- Fayetteville Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Le Touquet-Paris-Plage
Badges & Stats in Mersing
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Mersing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mersing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
Latest Mersing hotel reviews
- Tioman Island Resort
- 552 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Fishing Bay Resort
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Raja Villa Resort & Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2011
- Embassy Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Rawa Island Safaris Resort
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Seri Malaysia Mersing
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013