"A Weekend Dive" Pulau Dayang by bpacker

Pulau Dayang Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 127 photos

Come every weekend, hordes of Singaporeans like myself run off to the sun-kissed beaches of Malaysia and the tepid waters of the South China Sea to dive. As my luck would always have it, I always land up in a big diving group where there are few or no gals at all. Here's one such trip where I dived with some hunky chaps from the S'pore Army. Oh, and the hunk beside me in a dark blue wet suit is hubby. All of us were on a weekend dive trip at Pulau Dayang, the farthest offshore island from Mersing, Johor. Read more about my sleepless nights (!) with these fellas. Robertgaz got so amused to wrote a couple of hilarious stanzas. Here it is, for all to enjoy:

Snore wife and hubby,
With some army dudes,
Were sawing gourds together.

But from lack of rest,
Snoring with the best,
Luckless Glen reached the end of her tether.

• Pros:Clear viz, beautiful white beaches
  • Cons:Nothing to do but dive here
  • Last visit to Pulau Dayang: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Jun 2, 2006

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Definitely Aur, they have lovely red cottages there. Dayang only has one lousy divers' lodge but a giant BBQ on Sat!

• Oct 1, 2006 at 6:32 AM

hie, im planning a trip to dayang island this deeparaya, but the thing is..we are not divers. wonder is it better for us to stay in aur island or dayang? suggestion?

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Snore Wife and several army (not so) dwarves! // oh dear... you may be disappointed... I'm generally quiet by nature // haha! I made it to your page again ;~)

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Lucky! You have all the guys. I did one of the Mega Dives across the channel. Dive aborted, cuz buddy out of air. Sh!t!!

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 3:33 PM

I always have this problem in remembering things I see, especially underwater. Probably due to the nitrogen. Gees. The only thing I remembered about Aur was the school of parrot fishes during my 1st open water dive. Amazing.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 11:20 PM

one gal and many guys!! : DDDD

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Dayang

Have you been to Pulau Dayang?

Latest Activity in Pulau Dayang