"Java's Mordor" Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng by bpacker
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 204 photos
Not too long ago, there were 2 female equivalents of Frodo and Samwise Gamgee. They travelled from a protected little town of Yogya and journeyed to a strange place not unlike Mordor. It was called Dieng Plateau as it had strange bogs and lakes that changed colours according to its mood, yellow-coloured rocky holes with boiling mud and steam and strange stone structures with the faces of many gods. The 2 female hobbits saw all these strange sights and were happy. They had travelled very far to be here, on a difficult journey filled with adventure and rain the day before. But lo, they were still far away from home! After Dieng, they traversed many miles again, this time to a town named Solo.
- Pros:Olde Chandis, Lovely Mountain Views, Bubbling Craters
- Cons:This spot is along the volcanic belt of fire!
- In a nutshell:A must visit for any Hobbit
After checking out the Arjuna Complex, we walked southwards and saw another candi . The lady vendors who sold drinks... more travel advice
Above the entrance of each candi is a constantly recurring motif, the sculpted head of Kala, son of the Shiva. It's the... more travel advice
bpacker's Related Pages
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Java's Mordor"
- "Dieng Plateau - Land of Volcanos and Goddess"
- "Abode of the Gods"
- "Dieng - the gods have left"
- "Legendary Dieng"
- "The mystic Plateau-Dieng Plateau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pegunungan Dieng
- Hotels in Pegunungan Dieng
- Transportation in Pegunungan Dieng
- Restaurants in Pegunungan Dieng
- Shopping in Pegunungan Dieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Pegunungan Dieng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pegunungan Dieng
- 28 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Pegunungan Dieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pegunungan Dieng
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Commented on one of bpacker's Pegunungan Dieng travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Arjuna Complex: Earthquakes and Stupas"
- Wrote a Review Beyound Arjuna:Candi Gatotkaca in Pegunungan Dieng Things to Do
- updated a Pegunungan Dieng Travel Page "Java's Mordor"
Photos in Pegunungan DiengSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues