"The Royal Capital of Indonesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta by bpacker
Yogyakarta Travel Guide: 779 reviews and 2,082 photos
Latest Update: On 26 May 2006, a powerful earthquake hit Yogyakarta at dawn after the wake of the volcanic eruption at Mount Merapi. Since then, Yogya has gotten back on her knees and dusted off the remants of the disaster. Her buildings are repaired and some of her tourist attractions are now open to the public. If you're coming to this royal town, click here to check if the place you're going to is open to the public.
My Thanks to my faithful readers for reading my yet-complete pages. It's taking a long time to construct as I'm doing my Solo, Wonosobo and Dieng pages simultaneously. Honestly speaking Yogya exceeded my expectations. I love this place, the culture and the people. I will return some day with my husband and share with him my love for this place.
- Pros:Wonderful Temples, Palaces, Delicious Food
- Cons:Quite an understatement but Earthquake-Prone!
- In a nutshell:Quite the haven for an Indiana Jones wannabe
If you're a coffee addict, chances are, you'll love Yogyakarta. The coffee here is thick, aromatic and typically strong.... more travel advice
Truth be told, Yogya is the only city in republican Indonesia still ruled by royalty and it is still steeped in beliefs... more travel advice
- A Handy Map for Travellers to Yogya
- See All Checking out a Watery Castle
- See All Getting conned into buying Artwork
- See All From Singapore to Yogyakarta
bpacker's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 42 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues