"An Ancient City Blossoms" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju by bpacker

Kyongju Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 491 photos

Gyeongju, Glorious Ancient City

The living museum without walls blossoms under the seductive spell of Spring. There really isn't a lovelier time to visit Gyeongju. Everywhere you go, you'll see fresh reminders of life co-existing with the glorious ancient past.

...And sprigs after springs of pale pink cherry blossoms .

This is afterall the site of one of the oldest city in Asia . Miss this UNESCO recognised site and you've missed the best part of Korea.

• Pros:Historial sites are clearly mapped out in walking/cycling routes
  • Cons:Annoying charge for each and every place of interest
  • In a nutshell:A living musuem without walls
  • Last visit to Kyongju: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM

great tips

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Again a superb page - I like the flower pics and the horse driven carriage ! Greetz from Belgium

• akikonomu's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Hilarious - I had the same reaction with the Observation Tower even though I knew its historical importance. Also craning my neck, hoping it'll grow taller than the fence.

• Oct 15, 2006 at 10:26 AM

lovely page! Nikos

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 11:39 PM

I read your tips both before and after my trip to Gyeongju last weekend, and found them very helpful.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 11:59 PM

I remember all the wonderfull flowers, when I visited Kyongju. So beautiful!

• Ines28's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 11:47 AM

What a lovely page, Glenda, and fantastic travelogues! I found the "Emille-story" quite touching! Thanks! :-)

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 1:15 AM

Excellent work Glenda , very informative and beautifully written, as I said you deserve the trip. I always have the fear as my frens warn me that u will see stadium, amusement park and mall ..guess its where you go In Korea ! TQ

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 4:10 AM

UR right, I guess Spring time is the time to visit here... (cherry blossoms are a-booming and the natives aren't as grumpy...) Nice page, Glenda... (I stayed at that same hotel (Kolon) in Kyongju about 11 years ago...)

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Badges & Stats in Kyongju

Have you been to Kyongju?

Latest Activity in Kyongju