Sorak-sanmaek Tourist Trap Tips by bpacker Top 5 Page for this destination
Sorak-sanmaek Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Yong Pyong Cable Car
If being crammed like a sardine in a Korean can doesn't appeal to you, avoid the cable car at Sorak Park. Yes, you'll also have to wait about 1/2hr to 1hr to be packed like a sardine.
Unique Suggestions: Get some exercise and scale Gwongeumseong or Ulsan Bawi instead. It's less crowded, you'll get to see beautiful things along the way and you won't have to hear piped in Western music coming from everywhere...
Fun Alternatives: Don't bother with this miserable 10min ride, try the best , longest cable car ride at YongPyong Resort instead.
Carbo loading at the peak
The food and drinks at the base of the cable car building is expensive, for God knows what reason....
Unique Suggestions: Avoid buying food and drinks while waiting for your cable car to arrive. I believe the mean management over there is just taking advantage of the hapless tourist who have to wait an hour for their cable car to arrive.
Fun Alternatives: Eat at the top of Gwongeumseong to recover from being packed like a Korean sardine in the cable car. The food there is cheap, delicious and unusual. I drank the best tea when I was there and the name of the beverage was... " Hot Honey Pine Needle tea" . I'm not kidding, it really tasted good. The roasted potatoes was good and cheap too.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Hotel Closest to Sorak National Park
- Nightime Entertaiment?
- See All Reminders of a Grim Past...
- See All Get the best views from Gwongeumseong
bpacker's Related Pages
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- "WELCOME ! MT,SEORAK NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
- "A 'must do' if visiting South Korea"
- "Hiking in Seoraksan...in the rain!"
- "Temples and mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorak-sanmaek
- Hotels in Sorak-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sorak-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sorak-sanmaek
- Shopping in Sorak-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorak-sanmaek
- See All...
Explore the World
- Elafonisos Island
- Imlil Hotels
- Texel Hotels
- Snitterfield Hotels
- Kendal Hotels
- Boca Grande
- Henley on Thames
Badges & Stats in Sorak-sanmaek
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Sorak-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorak-sanmaek
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Commented on one of victorwkf's Sorak-sanmaek travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Finding a Mineral Spring in Osaek"
- updated a Sorak-sanmaek Travelogue "Finding a Mineral Spring in Osaek"
- Wrote a Review Hotel Closest to Sorak National... in Sorak-sanmaek Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues