"Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs" Top 5 Page for this destination Sorak-sanmaek by bpacker
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 437 photos
If you've always been filled with a sense of wanderlust, Mount Sorak National Park is the place for you. Over here, you can get away from it all . First, hike to your heart's content and explore all the beautiful ranges that the park can offer. After that, sink into a pool of natural hot water to ease those sore muscles. When you are done, indulge in a healthy meal of rice and mountain herbs and vegetables. It sounds too good to be true but it's real. This simple but beautiful place will be highlight of your trip to Korea .
Go to this place after you've yodeled or hiked all you want in the National Park. It's a small place where you can discover beautiful waterfalls, drink natural spring water or soak yourself silly in the hot waters. Did I also mention that the air here is crisp and cool as it's devoid of all the crowds in Sorak ?
It must either be the cool mountain air or the tiring hikes that I took. Whatever it is, the food here tastes better than any of the food I've tasted in Korea. Check out my reviews in the food recommendations.
- Pros:Best Hot Springs in Korea, one of most scenic places for hiking
- Cons:Crowds of people who have the same desire as you
- In a nutshell:A place to satisfy your wanderlust
There's a hotel just next to Sorak National Park. Guess it's convenient to stay here if you plan to collapse in a heap... more travel advice
This statue is a grim reminder of the Korean War . Not many know this but Mt Sorak was the site of a fierce battle. Lots... more travel advice
- Nightime Entertaiment?
- See All Get the best views from Gwongeumseong
- See All Avoid the cafe at Sorak Cable Car...
- Rock the Tottering Rock
bpacker's Related Pages
Sorak-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- "WELCOME ! MT,SEORAK NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mount Seoraksan (Soraksan) National Park & Sokcho"
- "A 'must do' if visiting South Korea"
- "Hiking in Seoraksan...in the rain!"
- "Temples and mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorak-sanmaek
- Hotels in Sorak-sanmaek
- Transportation in Sorak-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Sorak-sanmaek
- Shopping in Sorak-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorak-sanmaek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorak-sanmaek
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Sorak-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorak-sanmaek
- updated a Sorak-sanmaek Travel Page "Of Mountain Ranges and Hot Springs"
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
- Commented on one of victorwkf's Sorak-sanmaek travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Finding a Mineral Spring in Osaek"
- Wrote a Review Hotel Closest to Sorak National... in Sorak-sanmaek Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues