"Welcome to my Homepage" bpacker's Profile
Photo Note : The cat is the box above is not me. I repeat, it's really not me nor my cat. Please stop sending me letters threatening to report to SPCA for overfeeding and animal cruelty;p Cat is Maomao, his whacked owner is from Shandong, China and extremely proud of his obese cat. Maomao is my alter-ego since I love to take catnaps and eat
Yes, I'm living in Hong Kong now, in a country that is host to a whole bunch of delicious eats. And a springboard to wierder eats in China. A dream come true, some might say. Well, in a way but I can't go stuffing my face in char siew buns, wanton noodles everyday! I try and cook as much as possible and once in a while, feast outside with my friends. I write down most of my adventures, recipes and recommendations over here.
As they say, the best food recommendations ultimately come from someone who is living in that country. So check it out.
An Introduction: I'm someone who eat, breathe and live for running, photography and travelling. And I use whatever time is left over to write on my VT page. The stuff that you read on my page is raw, orginal and full of expletives. I don't believe in selling a destination, if I think the place is crap, I'll say it's crap. If you need to read something more polite, I suggest that you refer to your friendly guide book . Just for the record, I'm a Singaporean and I'm not a HKer/Japanese/Korean. As my VT friends would attest, a 3-year-old speaks better Cantonese than me.
You're welcome to write to me but do note that there is nothing I find more laughable than a "I want to get to know you better" email. Bpacker is happily married to another adrenaline junkie who did his first marathon at 15. Both of us dig nature hikes, touring on bikes, running and fermented brews from Belgium . We think that the best food on earth is served in a Straits Chinese home kitchen . Yes, both of us are Straits Chinese and hubby's lineage is as jumbled as mine (Chinese/Malay/Dutch) . We speak a special language (Peranankan) that is dying out as fast as the rhinos in this region.
My travels have always been food/photography/bird-centric. I'm now working on my overdue Chiang Mai page. I was there earlier this year to photograph the elusive Giant Nuthatch and the delicious street food. As like always, I will attach recipes to my food blogs. Here's a recipe for a quick Chiang Mai Street Snack:
Soak Strawberries in Apple Cider Vinegar+ Sugar Syrup(Sugar+Water). Steep for one hour at least in the fridge. Scoop contents in cup and Enjoy!
Our next trip: An exploratory trip to KunMing, Lijiang, Shangri-La
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,892 Reviews
- 2,955 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 80 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Races for July / Aug / Sep 2007"
- bpacker and FruitLover are now friends.
- Commented on one of bpacker's Paris travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my Homepage"
- updated a Hong Kong Travel Page "Hong Kong, my second home"
- Wrote a Review Congee and Comfort Food in Lijiang Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Lijiang Forum "Re: Moon Inn"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 140 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 68 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 51 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 55 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 45 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 42 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos