"Clapham Common" Clapham by robine
Clapham Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Clapham Common has in recent years become a trendy and increasingly up-market magnet, especially for young people. Queues for bars at the weekend stretch well down the High Street. Excellent bus and tube connections.
There's a good multiplex cinema, and Sainsbury's. Worth visits are Gastro, an authentic French restaurant opposite the cinema; El Rincon Latino, a popular tapas place in Clapham Manor Street; The Pepper Pot, inexpensive Thai; and Tsunami, an excellent Japanese restaurant opposite the railway station (close to Clapham North tube). The Windmill pub on the Common (Young's) is popular, especially on sunny weekends.
- Pros:4 miles fro central London. Attractive Common, with surrounding Georgian and early Victorian buildings. Lively bar and restaurant scene.
- Cons:High street still a bit down-market in places. On the dreaded Northern Line!
- In a nutshell:Lively Clapham Common
robine's Related Pages
Clapham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clapham - Transport rules"
- "Paid a visit to the Landor Theatre"
- "Clapham Common"
- "Clapham, nestled between Common and Junction"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clapham
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Clapham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clapham
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 1 photo
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- France Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Brazil 4 reviews
- Belgium Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- South America 1 review
- Russia 1 review
- Estado do Rio de Janeiro 1 review
- Brugge 1 review
No friends yet.